To add a HostBaby email account to Microsoft Outlook 2010, please follow the instructions below.
- In the menu bar, select Tools > Account Settings...
- In the next window, select New...
- On the next window, immediately click Next as no settings need to be changed here.
- On the next screen, click "Manually Configure server settings or other additional server types
- Select "Internet Email" then hit "Next"
- Enter in your email address information.
- User Information
- Your Name: The name you want to appear emails to be coming from; typically your name.
- E-Mail Address: Your full email address
- Server Information
- Account Type: You can choose POP3 or IMAP; we strongly recommend using IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.YourDomain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.YourDomain.com
- Logon Information
- User Name: Your full email address
- Password: Your email address password; This is set by you when creating the email account, and if you don't know it you can reset it.
- User Information
- Click on "More Settings" to finish configuring Outlook.
- In this new window, go to the "Outgoing server" tab, and select the "My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires Authentication" check-box. Next select "Use same settings as my incoming server" and then click into the "Advanced Tab"
- In here, select SSL authentication for your outgoing server, and to use port 465 (the default port). We recommend using SSL authentication for incoming mail as well; Port 993 for IMAP and port 995 for POP accounts.
- From here, click on Finish, and test out your mailbox.
NOTE: An SSL certificate warning pop-up is expected and can be safely ignored.
You may also see the following prompt when sending a message, this means you need to define where sent messages will be saved; Selecting "Use Default Folder" is fine unless you'd like to store them somewhere else.