You can set up most third party email clients (Such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Apple Mail with the following settings manually. Some email clients offer an automatic setup, but we don't recommend using the automatic setup as the general "default" email settings may not work properly.
To setup a HostBaby email account in a email client the settings are:
- Incoming Mail Server (IMAP or POP3): mail.hostbaby.com
- Username: Your full email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Password: Your email address password; This is set by you when creating the email account, and if you don't know it you can reset it.
- SSL is highly recommended for checking mail
- Incoming IMAP (SSL) Port: 993
- Incoming POP3 (SSL) Port: 995
Your email account can be setup as either POP3 or IMAP, but we strongly recommend using IMAP as it keeps your emails safe on our servers. POP3 downloads emails to your computer, and if they're lost, we no longer have them.
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - mail.hostbaby.com
- Outgoing SMTP (SSL) Port: 465
- Alternate SMTP (if 465 doesn't work) Port: 587
- Be sure to fill in your username & password (same as Incoming Mail)
For email client specific instructions, please chose your email software below.