The transferring process works the same way; joining our registrar, or transferring away. We'll call your current registrar "A", and your future registrar "B". Here's a step-by-step walk though of the process:
- Contact your current registrar "A"
- Check the Admin email account. Verify it is one you have access to. If not, update the admin email account to your current address.
- Unlock your Domain. It can't get moved otherwise
- Request your Authorization code for a transfer. You will need it to confirm a transfer, as the owner of the domain
- Contact your future Registrar "B", and let them know the domain is unlocked and ready to get moved
- New Registrar "B" will then request the transfer of your domain to their registrar
- You should receive an Email at the domain's Administrative contact (see step 2 above)
- The Email you receive will have a link in it sending you to a confirmation page for this transfer
- Click the circle "to indicate that the Registrant(s) for the domain listed"
- Enter the Authorization code in the field below
- Confirm the transfer. You will confirmation that the transfer has been submitted to your old Registrar "A"
Transfers typically take up to 7 days to complete AFTER you've confirmed the final transfer. You will be charged $12.99 (for .com and. net) and your domain will automatically be renewed for an additional year.