Check out our CD Baby audio import tool! This tool will allow you to import your music catalog from your CD Baby account to your website with HostBaby. You can choose just a track or two, or your entire catalog! Please keep in mind this is only available if you are using our Site Builder and you have a CD Baby Artist account.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Log into your ATS site builder account at http://yourdomain.com/dashboard (replacing "yourdomain" with your actual domain name)
- Click the SETTINGS link on the left-hand side
- Find the CD Baby Member Account section on this SETTINGS page and enter in your CD Baby username and password, and then click the authorize account button.
- If successful, you will see a message below CD Baby Member Account that reads "Excellent! Your CD Baby account is now authorized". If it's not successful, double-check that you are using your correct CD Baby username and password.
- Once your account is correctly authorized, click MANAGE PAGES on the left-hand side
- On the Manage Pages page, click AUDIO. If there is no audio page, click ADD NEW, then choose AUDIO from the Choose Page Type dropdown.
- Once on the audio Page, click the IMPORT FROM CD BABY link towards the upper right-hand corner.
- You should now see all of your CD Baby albums/tracks listed.
- Choose the tracks you want to import and click the IMPORT TRACKS button at the bottom of the page (these will be imported as 320kbps MP3 files).
- You should see a message towards the top in red text that reads "CD Baby Import Initiated!". This indicates that your import job has been queued. It may take a minute or more per track to completely copy over.
- To monitor the import progress, click the STATUS CENTER link on the upper left-hand side below Dashboard. The page should automatically refresh every 30 seconds giving you an updated status.
- Once the track import has completed, click VIEW SITE in the upper right-hand corner and verify there are clickable links for your tracks that correctly play.
- This process DOES NOT automatically add these tracks to your audio player.
For information on adding tracks to your widget audio player, see Here